Thursday, June 21, 2007

Demos are always bewitched

This happened to my cousin who works for a finance company with a large customer base in rural India. He works in marketing department. One of the Directors had come down to his office. After some usual office meetings had asked for a demo of how they market the products on the field.

He had taken the director to a nearby village and having him aside he approached the nearby elderly man in his sixties. He introduced himself as a person working for this company and had started marketing the companies product. All the while, the elderly man had kept nodding his head.

After some 5-6 minutes of this campaign, the elderly man has said, "My child, I see that you want to tell something to me, but my left ear does not hear properly, can you come over to my right and explain it."

My cousin still gets a good laugh from everyone over this demo embarrassment before his marketing director.

No comments: